Saturday, November 10, 2007

Chili Scrambled Eggs...Yum!

This post a day gets tough. Not because I run out of things to say, but because I'm lazy sometimes and I don't want to take the time to write out my thoughts. Trust me...there are plenty of thoughts to choose from.

Today I wanted to share a recipe for Chili Scrambled Eggs that I made last night. They were so yummy. The original recipe came from Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade, but I tweaked it. I'm not the greatest at making omelets, so I switched to scrambled eggs. Here's my version:

Christy's Chili Eggs (Serves 2)

Ingredients:
  • 3 large eggs
  • (2) Jimmy Dean's Already Cook Turkey Sausage Patties - These can be found in the regular sausage section; they are boxed and packaged in twos. I just pull out what I need from the freezer, thaw it, and reheat it. Doesn't take long since it's already cooked. For those of you scared of turkey sausage, it is really YUMMY! We've made the switch and now I can eat sausage without feeling so guilty.
  • (1) can of Hormel chili - If you like the sausage that comes in canned chili then get it. I don't. You will only need 1/4 cup for two people. Even better, use leftover chili if you have any. To me, this meal is better with vegetarian chili.
  • Handful of Mexican Cheese blend

Directions:
  1. Brown the sausage patties in med-high heat, breaking them up as you go. Drain and set aside.
  2. Whisk the eggs in a prep bowl and add to pan. Scramble as normal (I'm not going to explain how to scramble eggs...hopefully you know how). When the eggs are almost done, add the chili, sausage, and cheese. Continue to mix.
  3. Serve on plate and ta da! A great scrambled egg in minutes!

Download Recipe Card.

No comments:

Post a Comment